Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Star Wars: The Clone Wars review

Star Wars: The Clone Wars = B-
If this wasn't a Star Wars movie it probably wouldn't be rated that high. The new female character is annoying, but not near as annoying as Jar Jar. In any case this rates higher than Episodes I and II, but it's still disappointing.
As a fan I still want to see Darth Vader kick ass. That's what I've wanted to see since 1983. I wanted to see how Anakin Skywalker became Vader, then destroy the Jedi. It still hasn't been shown. I read a book, but it was convoluted too.
The first two Episodes easily could've been condensed into one movie. The series would've been better for it. Keep Revenge of the Sith intact as Episode II. Then have Episode III as what I stated above. That's a better plan than what fans got.
Oh well.
Ebert and Berardinelli were merciless in their reviews of this movie. Good for them.

Movie posters I saw tonight:
The Women, yes the remake of the 1939 George Cukor moive.
Federal Prison
My Best Friend's Girl, starring Kate Hudson.

No comments: