Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tell No One review

Tell No One = A
Very good French mystery about a doctor whose wife is murdered, yet returns eight year later.
Story was hard for me to follow, but I still enjoyed it very much.
Subtitles. Saw the movie at Keystone Art Cinema.
Ebert really liked it, and I agree with just about everything he wrote.
"Tell No One" will play as a terrific thriller for you, if you meet it halfway. You have to be willing to believe. There will be times you think it's too perplexing, when you're sure you're witnessing loose ends. It has been devised that way, and the director knows what he's doing. Even when it's baffling, it's never boring. I've heard of airtight plots. This one is not merely airtight, but hermetically sealed.
The movie is based on novel, Tell No One. Now I have a book I need to read.

No comments: